Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Be completing a degree, preferably in business, finance or accounting
- Have a GPA of at least 3.2
- Have some relevant internship experience
- Be geographically mobile
- Have the legal right to work in the USA
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the two-year programme, you’ll undertake four placements, which are available in areas including: Treasury, Tax, Internal Audit, Controllership, Corporate Accounting, Strategic Change Management, Corporate Financial Reporting, and Management Information and Analysis. This means there will be plenty of scope to decide where your future lies.
The placements offer challenging assignments and provide wide exposure to our business and the bank’s strategy. At the same time, you’ll be developing the functional, technical and leadership skills that will enhance our global capabilities.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- Focused on-the-job learning
- The opportunity to develop leadership, communication, and project and time management skills
- The opportunity to develop your technical capabilities and gain experience of process improvement
- The opportunity to see at first hand our commitment to ethical business behaviour
- The opportunity to gain experience and a thorough understanding of our culture and business strategy
- A short-term assignment to the UK if you have a strong desire to broaden your international experience