Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Be a graduate with a bachelor's or master's degree from a recognised college or university
- Have a GPA of at least 3.2
- Have the legal right to work in the USA
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the nine-month programme, you’ll have challenging assignments as you progress through two distinct phases. An initial four months will be spent in New York gaining in-depth training on banking products and developing your credit skills. This will be followed by five months of on-the-job training before moving to the position of Credit Analyst within a national Commercial Banking department in the USA location from which you were hired.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- A combination of classroom training and first-hand, on-the-job experience
- Wide exposure to our Commercial Banking division
- The opportunity to learn about process improvement and increase your knowledge of credit products
- The opportunity to develop a wide range of skills – technical, analytical, leadership, communication and problem-solving
- The opportunity to gain experience and a thorough understanding of our culture and business strategy