Who can apply?
To be considered for this programme, you will:
- Be a graduate, with a degree in any discipline (minimum degree accepted is a Higher Diploma)
- Have obtained your degree within the last four years
- Possess a minimum GPA of 2.8
- Have no more than three years’ work experience
- Be a country national
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Be ambitious and have good self-presentation
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you will be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the two-year programme, based in either the UAE, Oman, Qatar or Kuwait, you will receive on-the-job training tailored to personal growth. Four six-month placements will provide you with specialist knowledge of our operations. These could be in Commercial Banking (including Business Banking and Trade and Supply Chain), Retail Banking and Wealth Management, Global Banking and Markets or HSBC Technology and Services, as well as Global Functions such as Risk, Compliance and Audit. You will be challenged to drive change and have a positive impact on your team. We will work with you to understand your aspirations and offer placements that match your interests.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- On-the-job experience to build up your knowledge of HSBC and the banking industry in general
- Training to develop your leadership skills
- Training to develop the strategic and tactical know-how to interpret information and plan for the future
- Opportunities to network with your graduate peers and a diverse, international team of banking experts
- Opportunities to undertake training abroad (depending on availability)