Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Be in your first year of study towards a postgraduate diploma in management (PGDM) from a recognised business school in India, or
- Be in your first year of study towards an MBA from a recognised business school in India
Hiring for the 2015 intake typically takes place in October and November 2014.
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the two-month programme, which runs from April to June, you can expect detailed exposure to real situations in banking. As well as working on a live business project, there will be plenty of opportunities to network with senior leaders and other employees within HSBC.
You can expect practical training that will complement your academic studies, embedding our values while growing your career. During the programme, you’ll be challenged to use your talents and academic knowledge to add value to the bank and improve your professional and personal skills.
The understanding you’ll gain of banking, and HSBC in particular, will be invaluable in helping you to evaluate future career options.
If you perform well on your internship, you may be offered a pre-placement interview offer for a full-time role with HSBC.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will provide you with an insight into what it’s like to work for a global bank and help you decide your future career options.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- Mid-term and end-term project reviews for you to track your progress
- Ongoing feedback from senior people in the business
- A buddy to help with your induction and development