Who can apply?
To be considered for work experience at HSBC, you will:
- Be a non-final year university student in any discipline
- Have ability to communicate effectively in English; ability to speak Cantonese would be advantageous
- Have proficient computer skills and Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
What to expect
Providing general business and administrative support to a team, you will gain early exposure to the financial services industry and an introduction to what it’s like to work in a business environment for a global bank. Opportunities are available across our Global Businesses, Global Functions and HSBC Technology and Services, subject to business requirements.
Learning, development and support
Our opportunities will provide you with an insight into what it’s like to work for a global bank and help you decide your future career options.
Over the course of these opportunities, we typically offer:
- The opportunity to build a good understanding of the business world at HSBC
- An insight into a particular aspect of our Hong Kong business
- Valuable exposure to the banking sector
- On-the-job learning
- Day-to-day interaction with experienced team members
Please note that as part of your application for summer work experience, you will be required to upload your resume, university transcript and public examination result of secondary education.