Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Have at least a second class honours degree in any discipline or equivalent from a recognised university in Hong Kong or overseas (recent graduates will be considered)
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
- Be fluent in English and Cantonese/Putonghua (for Commercial Banking only)
The application deadline has been extended to 31 December 2014.
Apply now for the Commercial Banking stream
Apply now for the Retail Banking and Wealth Management stream
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the two-year programme, you will receive training in either Commercial Banking or Retail Banking and Wealth Management.
Through a range of placements, you will have vital exposure to the core business areas of your stream, which will provide you with a sound foundation of knowledge and skills relating to strategy and operations. In Commercial Banking, placements include Project Management, Business Banking, Global Trade and Receivables Finance, and Credit Lending and Relationship Management. Placements in Retail Banking and Wealth Management include Sales and Distribution Management, Customer Value Management, Business Performance Management and Wealth Management.
Whichever stream you join, you’ll learn how to analyse, prioritise and act on goals from a strategic perspective.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- An induction session to familiarise yourself with HSBC
- Ongoing training and development
- Mentoring and performance management
- Flexible working
- Local, regional and global networking opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Group Graduate Development Programme – an intensive period of skill and experience development in the UK
- The opportunity to join the Regional Graduate Development Programme – to provide a solid overview of our regional functions and strategy in the Asia-Pacific region
- Rotation opportunities between different teams within your selected business