Applications are now open and will close on 31 October 2017 for placements on our Apprenticeship which takes place between December 2017 to February 2018. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as applications may close earlier if all positions are filled.
Who can apply?
To be considered for the Apprenticeship, you will:
- Be a non-final year student at a recognised university in Hong Kong or overseas
- Expect at least a second class honours degree in any discipline or equivalent
- Available to work full-time between December 2017 and February 2018
- Have solid PC skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Additional PC skills in Excel (Macro), Access and Projects, and Chinese typing skills would be advantageous
- Fluency in written and spoken English; Cantonese or Putonghua is advantageous
- Have the legal right to work in Hong Kong
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you will be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the course of the Apprenticeship, you will gain experience in the business area in which you are placed. You can expect a combination of practical experience, project-based work and functional exposure designed to help you decide where your future lies in banking. Opportunities for a longer apprenticeship may be possible depending on student availability and business preference.
Learning, development and support
The Apprenticeship will help equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues across the bank.
Over the course of the Apprenticeship, we typically offer:
- The opportunity to develop further insight into your business area or function
- A valuable insight into the workings of a global bank
- Varied on-the-job practical experience
Please note that as part of your application for the Apprenticeship, you will be required to upload your resume, university transcript and public examination result of secondary education.