Who can apply?
This programme is for students in their penultimate year of university study.
To be considered for a placement, you will:
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have outstanding interpersonal skills, even when under pressure
- Have strong commercial acumen and a flair for problem solving
- Be self-motivated, confident and articulate
What to expect
You'll complete a nine-week placement, where you'll contribute to a live project or a number of transactions, working with products and services experts across our international network. There will also be regular business and social events for you to attend in order to begin building a network of contacts.
Learning, development and support
After a one-week induction, you'll join your placement team, where you'll receive a combination of practical experience and classroom training, and learn how our people tailor these to provide customers with solutions.
Further benefits of the internship include:
- Measurable objectives
- Continuous performance management and business feedback
- A buddy and mentor to share ideas with and go to for advice
- The opportunity to gain insight into HSBC's competitive advantages in international markets and the financial services industry