Who can apply?
To be considered for the programme, you will:
- Have a degree from a recognised university and/or at least a year’s experience of the banking/finance sector
- Possess a leadership mindset and an aptitude for sales and customer service
- Have broad knowledge of industries in Canada
- Be eligible to work in Canada
Applications are now being accepted for the 2015 programme and close on 30 January 2015. All applications must be submitted via the Apply Now button, but for any candidate enquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to expect
Supported by experienced managers, colleagues and a wide network of diverse peers, you'll be encouraged to take on responsibility and bring new ideas to the table. You will be valued as an individual and for the contribution you make.
Over the 12-month programme, you’ll discover at first hand what it takes to thrive in our challenging, fast-paced, sales-driven environment. You’ll learn commercial banking practices and gain the tools needed to manage a portfolio of commercial business customers in one of our Commercial Banking business segments, Business Banking, Corporate Banking or Commercial Real Estate.
Throughout the programme, you’ll be continually learning from your colleagues in Commercial Banking, and gaining front-line experience in dealing with customers, and credit and financial statement analysis. By the end of the programme, you’ll know how to manage business customer relationships - how to understand their objectives and develop strategies to grow their portfolios.
Learning, development and support
Our programme will equip you with the skills and experience required to start a successful career with HSBC, as well as the opportunity to develop your professional network with colleagues around the world.
Over the course of the programme, we typically offer:
- Initial job shadowing to familiarise you with HSBC
- A rigorous eight-week training programme
- A coach to support your day-to-day training needs
- A manager to oversee the progression of your training
- A graduate programme manager to provide you with career planning and relationship management guidance
- A network of peers, experienced colleagues and alumni with whom to share experiences