Who can apply?
This internship is open to first-year MBA students around the world. To be considered for a placement, you will:
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have up-to-date knowledge of international markets
- Have an understanding of how geographies and markets are linked
- Aspire to provide the best advice possible to our customers
- Be self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges
Applicants from the USA can apply using this link.
What to expect
You will complete a nine-week placement within a team in one of two areas based on your interview answers and skill set. These are:
- Product which comprises the Corporate Finance teams
- Coverage which comprising Financial Institutions, the Resources and Energy Group, Financial Sponsors and the Corporate Sector Group
Whichever path you take, you will learn about our products, industries and geographies in order to contribute to live financial advisory projects or transactions in a fast-paced environment.
Learning, development and support
To help you get the most out of your internship with HSBC, we combine hands-on experience with technical and behavioural skills training. You will be provided on-the-job and classroom training so you will gain the right balance of knowledge and technical business skills, as well as access to business and social events to complement your day-today role so that you can build your network.
Throughout the programme you will also receive:
- Support from a dedicated buddy, who you can share ideas with, and who will give you guidance
- Encouragement to take the initiative and be proactive
- Exposure to real-life projects in a fast-paced environment
- Regular performance management and feedback
- The opportunity to attend regular business and social events to enable you to build a network and raise your profile
If you perform well during your Summer Associate Internship, we expect to offer you a full-time role on one of the Capital Financing, MBA Full Time Associate Programmes when your complete your MBA.