Divided into Product and Coverage, Banking Advisory plays an important role at HSBC. Our teams create bespoke investment banking solutions within most major industry sectors, from financial institutions and resources and energy to transport, consumer and media.
In addition, our global presence, strength and expertise means we are ideally placed to offer multinational customers well-informed opinions in emerging markets, key growth areas and established economies around the world.
Who can apply?
Our full-time MBA Associate Programme is open to final-year MBA students around the world. To be considered for a placement, you will:
- Have an interest in international markets and finance
- Value teamwork and relationship building
- Be ambitious
- Have the passion and ability to drive change
- Be committed to working in a creative, innovative and diverse environment
Applicants from the USA can apply using this link.
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside other MBA students on the programme.
For the remainder of the programme, you will:
- Join a specific team where you will make a significant contribution within your business area
- Receive regular access to business leaders
- Be encouraged to develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our MBA Associates and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a collaborative approach.
At all stages of the programme, you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have access to your programme adviser and line manager for coaching and advice on your progress
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
Over the course of the MBA Associate Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme as an Associate with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.