Our teams create bespoke investment banking solutions within most major industry sectors, from financial institutions and resources and energy, to transport, consumer and media. What’s more, our global presence, strength and expertise mean we are ideally placed to offer multinational customers well-informed opinions in emerging markets, key growth areas and in established economies around the world.
The Graduate Analyst Programme
The Graduate Analyst Programme offers you the opportunity to enhance the skills and gain the experience you need to excel at HSBC.
In Banking Advisory, this means building your expertise in mergers and acquisitions and helping develop and implement investment banking transactions comprising different products, industries and geographies.
Combined with access to our global business networks, you will have all the resources and support you need to realise your ambition.
Who can apply?
Our two -year, full-time Graduate Analyst Programme is open to graduates and final-year bachelor or masters students. If you are an MBA candidate, we have a dedicated MBA Associate Programme.
To be considered for a placement, you must:
- Act with integrity, in keeping with HSBC's values
- Have an interest in, and understanding of, international markets and finance
- Seek to provide the best advice possible
- Be hardworking, self-motivated and willing to take on new challenges.
What to expect
Starting with an in-depth induction programme that lasts up to six weeks and takes place just outside London, you will learn about HSBC's strategy, objectives and market positioning. You will also receive technical and interpersonal skills training alongside others on the programme. You will then join a Product or Coverage team, aligned to a specific team from the outset of the programme and experience a rotation in the second year into Banking - Coverage Relationship Management. In addition you will also be invited to attend a number of continued learning events to build your overall understanding and knowledge from a universal banking perspective.
- Product: Comprises Corporate Finance
- Coverage: Comprises Financial Institutions, the Resources and Energy Group, and the Financial Sponsors and Corporate Sector Group
For the remainder of the programme, you will:
- Transform ideas into presentations to be used in customer settings
- Work in partnership to build financial advisory solutions that strengthen and deepen customer relationships
- Develop your knowledge of banking and financial modelling skills, along with building your understanding of the wider products and business areas within Banking and beyond
- Develop your professional reputation and build an invaluable network of global contacts with peers and senior management
Learning, development and support
At HSBC, we are committed to the learning and development of our Analysts and believe that is best supported in a work environment that values diversity, respect and a healthy work-life balance.
At all stages of the programme you will:
- Receive highly structured training that will encourage you to reach your full potential
- Have regular access to business leaders for coaching and advice on your progress
- Receive regular and constructive business feedback on your performance
- Gain insight into HSBC’s distinct strengths in the financial services industry
- Have opportunities to enhance your wider business understanding
Over the course of the Graduate Analyst Programme, we want you to take the initiative, work with integrity and actively collaborate with our global teams. We hope to see you adopt our values and complete the programme with ambitions to develop a lasting and successful career at HSBC.